Friday, July 25, 2014

Haven for Students

Under The Tree Book Cafe


Browsing through my news feed one lazy afternoon, I was notified that a Facebook friend of mine liked the Facebook page Under The Tree Book CafeBeing  a food lover (aren’t we all? :) ) and a sort of bookworm, the name brought me to open the page. After few minutes of scrolling and clicking, I decided that I needed to see this place immediately.

So I went with the intention of trying their stuff and reviewing for an upcoming exam.

The directions from their Facebook page led me to Andoks near the bus station in Governor Pack Road. I looked around the restaurant for any sign that would indicate the EXACT location of the cafe but found none. I stood in front Andoks for a minute or two, rereading the directions on my phone in case I missed something but I was pretty sure I was on the right place. I decided to look next time since I can't see anything that can lead me straight to the cafe's door. But, when I angled my head up a little, *drum roll*:



I was so happy.

From that, I gathered that it's on the second floor so I walked a little further, turned right right after the Ramyun House, entered the door on the right, walked up the stairs and finally found it. (This would make it easier for people to find the cafe and not experience what I had experienced or just do what I didn't: ASK :D).

I ordered Strawberry Milkshake and Cheesecake.



I settled myself on the left far end of the room facing the wall and looked around. The walls were covered with messages written on Sticky notes. I didn’t know sticky notes would make a good wall decoration ;D.


Another part of the room is a book case filled with books! A lot of fiction books and Korean books! You can grab a book and read awaaaay! I was so tempted to borrow a book but, unfortunately, I went there to review so I resisted the urge.



I know you think the cafe is already cool. But what’s cooler? Free WIFI!! HAHAHA. I think I wasn't able to review because of that but if you wish to review or finish a book, use the internet for research or social media and enjoy a cup of coffee or any drink, this is the place perfect for you. 


If you worry about the noise, don’t. Surprisingly, car noises are minimal, if not inaudible, given that it is situated near a bus station and is along the road. You’d almost forget you're in the Central Business District.

Warning: Parking in front of Andoks is prohibited.
Your plate number might be confiscated. ;)
THE FOOD.

When my order came, I didn't regret a thing. Their milk tea and cheese cake are delicious and visually appealing. Their cheese cake was served in a small plate with a small spoon printed with " :) " but with the tongue licking the " ) ". I don't know if you can visualize it but that's basically how I'd describe it ^^,. I would love to show you a photo but I can’t, I'm sorry. I was not comfortable taking a photo that time mainly because I was new and there were people around me. I’m a shy person, you know. Lol. I realized now that not taking a photo was a bad idea.

The food and atmosphere made me want to go back. So when I had another exam coming, I used it as an excuse to go back ;).

My review session was made less tedious by these two:
image
Cream Puff and Black Currant.
Sorry about the half-eaten cream puff. I got over excited 
and ate majority of it before I realized that it was Instagram worthy ^^,
When I ordered cream puff, I didn't expect them to be big. I was expecting regular sized cream puffs. I thought the big bread-like pastries on the counter were ensaimadas! *facepalm*

The filling was so good, so creamy. Gahd just thinking about it makes my mouth water. The drink? It was bomb. You should definitely try it!


The first take out drink I tried was their cappuccino (yes, they do to-go orders). Out of excitement, I took a sip immediately after it was served and burned my tongue. Nevertheless, it kept me warm. If you are looking for something to keep you warm this rainy season, their cappuccino or any of their coffee is for you:). My mother actually liked it.

They also offer cream toast. It is basically whipped cream sandwiched between two toasted bread and topped with more whipped cream and syrup.


Cream toast paired with American Coffee. 
If your going for the coffee, I suggest you ask for extra sugar.
So far, I enjoy spending my time in this cafe and I intend to try more of their drinks and pastries soon :).
Mango Smoothie.
Mango? Who doesn't like mango flavored stuff?

ABOUT UNDER THE TREE BOOK CAFE.

Under The Tree Book Cafe is Korean-owned. There are actually a lot of Korean books in the cafe.

They also offer cafe memberships so if you intend to visit them regularly, you might as well want to register yourself.

Besides providing good service through their good-natured employees, beautiful interior and mouth-watering menu, they also provide scholarships. As of today, they only have one scholar but I believe they'll have more in the near future :D. That's one reason why your money won't go to waste when you buy their stuff.

So don't hesitate, visit them already! ;). As cliche as it may sound, there's no harm in trying.

If you want to learn more about Under The Tree,  feel free to visit their Facebook page: 

***


No comments:

Post a Comment